VAUDE ASYMMETRIC 38+8 WS
The new 2022 version of our popular VAUDE Asymmetric 38+8 WS women’s trekking backpack! Whether it’s a hut hopping tour, long-distance trail or backpacking – this women’s trekking pack with 38L of packing volume unites carrying comfort with spacious storage. Shorter shoulder straps, a shorter back length, ergonomic and softly padded hip belt – this women’s trekking pack was engineered for the female form. The main compartment is accessible from the top and front – no more rummaging around to find your stuff. You can dry your jacket in the well-ventilated front compartment and keep all your essentials close at hand. The side stretch pockets keep your water bottle and hiking map safely stowed and accessible even while wearing the pack. Helmet, ice axe and trekking poles will find their place on the daisy chain or the extra gear loop. There are two compression straps on each side of the pack, plus another under the lid with an integrated spare buckle in case one of the buckles breaks along the way. You can increase the volume by up to 8L with the height-adjustable lid with an inner compartment.
- The Tergolight Comfort Space suspension system distributes the load optimally across its softly padded hip belt.
- The back length and load positioning straps can be adjusted to your torso size.
- A recess at the lower back reduces pressure on your sacroiliac joint for a pain-free back on longer tours.
- Ergoshape shoulder straps take the pressure off and allow your arms freedom of movement.
For the planet:
- Made with eco-friendly, resource-conserving methods and certified bluesign® (The world’s strictest textile standard for environmental protection).
- Primarily made from recycled materials and recycled PET plastic bottles. The bottles are collected, cleaned, melted down and processed into high-quality yarn.
- Made with eco-friendly, water repellent Eco Finish and is manufactured without the use of environmentally-harmful fluorocarbons (PFC).
- The Green Shape label guarantees environmentally-friendly products made from sustainable materials, resource-efficient production and fair manufacturing.
Did you know? Here at VAUDE, we strive for good working conditions and wages for all workers. We are a member of the Fair Wear Foundation (FWF), and we are committed to improving working conditions at all of our production facilities continuously. We monitor these conditions regularly. VAUDE is the only brand to achieve leader status, the highest status of FWF membership.
About our women backpacks:
Women are an average of 10 cm shorter than men – they have a shorter torso, and their shoulders are narrower. VAUDE women’s backpacks are designed to have a shorter back and are also smaller and narrower than the equivalent versions for men. This guarantees an optimal fit.
In general, women’s backs are narrower than men’s in the shoulder area. To make sure that the shoulder straps don’t chafe uncomfortably or pinch at the front, we’ve designed our women’s backpacks with s-shaped shoulder straps. This design makes the pack especially stable and keeps it from sliding around on your back. In addition, the height of the sternum strap can be adjusted to allow for the best fit possible.